April 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
The book thoroughly examines the expanding and evolving body of knowledge about endodontic microbiology. The topics covered include persistent and resistant microorganisms, virulence factors, and systemic dissemination of endodontic microorganisms. Written by preeminent experts, Endodontic Microbiology summarizes contemporary thought in the field.
1 Microbial Perspectives in the Twenty-First Century (William Wade).
2 Diagnosis, Epidemiology, and Global Impact of Endodontic Infections (Dag Ørstavik).
3 Microbiology of Caries and Dentinal Tubule Infection (Robert M. Love).
4 Culture-Based Analysis of Endodontic Infections (Gunnar Dahl´en).
5 Molecular Analysis of Endodontic Infections (Jos´e F. Siqueira, Jr, and Isabela N. Rˆoc¸as).
6 Extraradicular Endodontic Infections (Leif Tronstad).
7 Virulence of Endodontic Bacterial Pathogens (Christine M. Sedgley).
8 Herpesviruses in Endodontic Pathosis (Mohammad Sabeti).
9 Fungi in Endodontic Infections (Bilge Hakan Sen and B. G¨uniz Baksi).
10 Management of Aggressive Head and Neck Infections (Domenick P. Coletti and Robert A. Ord).
11 Endodontic Infections and Pain (Anibal Diogenes and Ken M. Hargreaves).
12 Systemic Antibiotics in Endodontic Infections (J. Craig Baumgartner and John R.Smith).
13 Topical Antimicrobials in Endodontic Therapy (Tuomas Waltimo and Matthias Zehnder).
14 Endodontic Infections in Incompletely Developed Teeth (George T.-J. Huang).
15 Prognosis in the Treatment of Teeth with Endodontic Infections (Shimon Friedman).
16 Endodontic Infections and Systemic Disease (Ashraf F. Fouad).
- Written by leading authors in endodontic microbiology and clinical treatment of endodontic pathosis
- Surveys contemporary evidence and practice in endodontic microbiology
- Brings together contributions from leading educators and researchers
- Promotes the centrality of biological principles to understanding and managing endodontic diseases
- Fuses science and in-depth scholarship with clinical practice