Modified Atmospheric Processing and Packaging of Fish: Filtered Smokes, Carbon Monoxide, and Reduced Oxygen Packaging
August 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
Modified Atmospheric Processing and Packaging of Fish is the benchmark resource for the practice, science, and regulation of the most popular processing and packaging methods for fresh and frozen seafood worldwide.
PART I. USE OF CARBON MONOXIDE AND FILTERED SMOKES IN FISH PROCESSING.
1. Use of Filtered Smokes and carbon Monoxide in Fish Processing (W. Steven Otwell).
2. Commercial Aspects of Filtered Wood Smoke Technology Compared to carbon Monoxide Gassing of Seafood Products (Blane E. Olson).
3. The Influence of Carbon Monoxide and Filtered Wood Smoke on Fish Muscle Color (Hordur G. Kristinsson, Murate O. Balaban and W. Steven Otwell).
4. Human Absorption of carbon Monoxide with Consumption of CO-Exposed Tuna (Mathew P. Davenport, Paul W. Davenport, Hordur G. Kristinsson and Steven Otwell).
5. Microbial and Quality Consequences of Aquatic Foods Treated with Carbon Monoxide or Filtered Wood Smoke (Hordur G. Kristinsson, Murat O. Balaban and W. Steven Otwell).
6. Use of CO for Red meats: Current Research and recent Regulatory Approvals (Joseph G. Sebranek and Terry A. Houser).
7. Prospects for Utilization of carbon Monoxide in the Muscle Food Industry (Oddvin Sørbeim).
8. Tasteless Smoke Sources, Specifications, and Controls (Bill Kowalski).
9. Color Enhancement and Potential Fraud in Suing CO (Murat O. Balaban, Hordur G. Kristinsson and bruce Welt).
PART II. USE OF MODIFIED AND CONTROLLED ATMOSPHERIC PACKAGING.
10. Use of Modified Atmosphere Packaging to Extend the Shelf Life of Fresh Fish: A Critical Look from a Historical Perspective (Joe M. Regenstein).
11. Hazards Associated with Clostridium Botulinum in Modified Atmosphere Packaged Fresh Fish and Fishery Products (Guy E. Skinner and N. Rukma Reddy).
12. Botulism from Fishery Products: History and Control (John W. Austin and James P. Smith).
13. Verification for Use of TTI Controls for Seafood (W. Steven Otwell).
14. Use of TTI in Monitoring Temperature Exposure During Food Transport, Catering, and Packaging (Peter Rönnow).
- Benchmark resource for the technology, commercial practices,
and pertinent regulations of fish processing and packaging
- Vital information for seafood suppliers, processors, and
- Covers practices that are new, controversial, and rapidly
expanding in production
- Internationally recognized editors and contributors
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Modified Atmospheric Processing and Packaging of Fish: Filtered Smokes, Carbon Monoxide, and Reduced Oxygen Packaging (US $251.00)
-and- Handbook of Meat, Poultry and Seafood Quality (unknown)
Total List Price:
Discounted Price: US $420.71 (Save: )