Modified Atmospheric Processing and Packaging of Fish: Filtered Smokes, Carbon Monoxide, and Reduced Oxygen Packaging
August 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
Modified Atmospheric Processing and Packaging of Fish is the benchmark resource for the practice, science, and regulation of the most popular processing and packaging methods for fresh and frozen seafood worldwide.
1. Use of Filtered Smokes and Carbon Monoxide in Fish Processing.
2. Commercial Aspects of Filtered Wood Smoke Technology Compared to Carbon Monoxide Gassing of Seafood Products.
3. The Influence of Carbon Monoxide and Filtered Wood Smoke on Fish Muscle Color.
4. Human Absorption of Carbon Monoxide with Consumption of CO-Exposed Tuna.
5. Microbial and Quality Consequences of Aquatic Foods Treated with Carbon Monoxide or Filtered Wood Smoke.
6. Use of CO with Red Meats: Current Research and Recent Regulatory Approvals.
7. Prospects of Utilization of Carbon Monoxide in the Muscle Food Industry.
8. Tasteless Smoke Sources, Specifications & Controls.
9. Color Enhancement and Potential Fraud in Using CO.
Section 2: Use of Modified and Controlled Atmospheric Packaging.
10. Assessing the Use of Modified Atmosphere Packaging to Extend the Shelf-Life of Fresh Fish.
11. Hazards Associated with Clostridium botulinum in Modified Atmosphere Packaged Fresh Fish and Fishery Products.
12. Botulism from Fishery Products: History and Control.
13. Verification for Use of TTI Controls for Seafood.
14. TTI Use in Monitoring Temperature Exposure during Food Transport, Catering and Packaging.
- Benchmark resource for the technology, commercial practices, and pertinent regulations of fish processing and packaging applications
- Vital information for seafood suppliers, processors, and regulators worldwide
- Covers practices that are new, controversial, and rapidly expanding in production
- Internationally recognized editors and contributors
Modified Atmospheric Processing and Packaging of Fish: Filtered Smokes, Carbon Monoxide, and Reduced Oxygen Packaging (US $243.00)
-and- Handbook of Meat, Poultry and Seafood Quality (US $309.95)
Total List Price: US $552.95
Discounted Price: US $414.71 (Save: US $138.24)