Whole Grains and Health
February 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
1. The Future of Whole Grains.
2. Using a Model of the Food and Nutrition System for Examining Whole Grain Foods from Agriculture to Health.
Part II. Whole Grains, Dietary Fiber, and Chronic Disease.
3. Whole Grains and Diabetes.
4. Whole Grains and Related Dietary Patterns in Relation to Weight Gain.
5. Whole Grains and Cardiovascular Disease.
6. Whole Grains and Cancer Prevention.
7. The Effects of Cereal Fibers on Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Risk.
Part III. Grain Technology and Health-related Outcomes.
8. Biochemistry and Compartmentalization of Cereal Grain Components and Their Functional Relationship to Mammalian Health.
9. Structure of Whole Grain Breads: Sensory Perception and Health Effects.
10. Aleurone: Processing, Nutrition, Product Development, and Marketing.
11. Active Components of Whole Grain Foods.
12. White Wheat: Biochemical and Sensory Characteristics of Bread.
13. Barley beta-glucan and Wheat Arabinoxylan Soluble Fiber Technologies for Health-promoting Bread Products.
14. Modulating Glycemia with Cereal Products.
15. Whole Grain Phytochemicals and Antioxidant Activity.
16. Alkylresorcinols as a Potential Biomarker for Whole Grain Wheat and Rye.
17. Resistant Starch as a Contributor to the Health Benefits of Whole Grains.
18. Influence of Germination Conditions on the Bioactivity of Rye.
Part IV. Whole Grains and Consumer and Regulatory Issues.
19. Barriers to the Consumption of Whole Grain Foods.
20. Consumer Acceptance of Refined and Whole Wheat Breads.
21. The Whole Grain Stamp Program.
22. Whole Grains and Consumers.
23. The Industry's Commitment to Whole Grains Education.
24. Industry Initiatives in Whole Grain Education.
25. Communicating with Consumers: Whole Grain Messaging.
26. Global Regulation, Labeling, Claims, and Seals: Perspectives and Guidelines.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Whole Grains and Health (US $249.95)
-and- Bakery Food Manufacture and Quality: Water Control and Effects, 2nd Edition (US $228.95)
Total List Price: US $478.90
Discounted Price: US $359.17 (Save: US $119.73)