Oncology for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses
September 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
2. Causes of Cancer.
3. Diagnosis of Cancer.
4. Staging of Cancer.
5. Treatment of Cancer.
6. Owner and caregiver support.
7. Patient support.
9. Common cancers in veterinary patients.
Angela E. Frimberger, VMD, Diplomate ACVIM (Oncology), is co-director of Veterinary Oncology Consultants, Australia, and an Adjunct Senior Lecturer on the Faculty of Veterinary Science at the University of Sydney, Australia.
- Comprehensive guide to cancer care aimed at the veterinary technician or nurse
- Emphasizes the technician’s role throughout, including technical procedures, staging, and patient support
- Promotes working as a team to provide optimal cancer care
- Covers topics ranging from treatment strategies to owner support and emergency care, with clinical cases for specific diseases
- Includes appendices for quick reference to essential charts and dosing information