The Environment, Our Natural Resources and Modern Technology
November 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
DeGregori examines the economics of green consumerism, the reality of saving the environment, how historical cultures may have influenced environmental damage, and how being ecologically correct may have a more damaging effect on our environment. Not just a regurgitation of theories; DeGregori offers real-time strategies and alternatives to enhance our natural resources and our environment in harmony with today’s modern technology. This is the book everyone will be talking about for years to come.
1. Green Consumerism.
2. Racism, Elitism, and Environmentalism.
3. Life in the Bush.
4. Paradise in the Pacific?
5. The American Indian: The "Original Ecologist"?
6. Demystifying the Environment.
7. Technology and the "Primitive".
8. The Human Endeavor as a Creative Force.
9. Technology and the Promise of Modernity.
* A great information source filled with fresh, innovative perspectives