The Editor in Chief: A Management Guide for Magazine Editors, 2nd Edition
March 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
New to this edition is a chapter on one of the most popular and fastest growing areas of magazine publishing - online publishing. Readers will learn about e-zines, and online editions of printing magazines:
Aimed at students interested in careers as magazine editors and at novice working editors seeking to produce better magazines, The Editor in Chief, 2nd Edition prepares budding professionals for the arduous, but rewarding, task of magazine management
1. Magazines and How They Work.
2. The New World of Online Magazines.
3. The Editorial Staff and Its Functions.
4. Managing the Editorial Department.
5. Acquiring the Content.
6. The Editorial Process.
7. Planning an Issue.
8. Displaying the Content.
9. Planning and Acquiring Photos and Artwork Illustration.
10. Titles and Subtitles.
11. Blurbs and Captions.
12. The Table of Contents.
13. Letters to the Editor and Standing Features.
14. The Cover -
A Magazine's Most Important Page.
15. Cover Lines.
16. The Production Process.
17. Legal Bugaboos and Journalistic Ethics.