Health Writer's Handbook, 2nd Edition
December 2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Part I: Finding Topics and Information.
1. Some Basics.
2. Books and Periodicals.
3. Government, Associations, and Other Institutions.
4. Researchers, Clinicians, Patients, and Others.
5. Online Resources.
Part II: Preparing the Piece.
6. Evaluating Information.
7. Health-Writing Technique.
8. Genres of Health Writing.
9. Medical Reporting for the Electronic Media.
10. Sensitivity and Style.
11. Award Winners and Awards.
Part III: Exploring Issues and Areas.
12. Ethical and Legal Issues.
13. Covering Key Realms.
14. Presenting Risk.
Part IV: Pursuing a Career.
15. Career Options.
16. Professional Organizations.
17. Educational Opportunities.
References: Sources Cited; Sources of Additional Help or Perspective.