November 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
I. Background & Foundation.
1. Salivary Gland Development And Regeneration.
2. Salivary Gland Physiology Relevant To Diagnostics.
3. Saliva: Properties and Functions.
4. Saliva Collectors.
5. Salivary Secretion in Health and Disease.
6. Processing and Storage of Saliva Samples.
II. Saliva Diagnostics.
7. Historical Perspectives and Present.
8. Diagnostics Other Than Blood.
9. Perception of Saliva: Relevance to Clinical Diagnostics.
10. Technology Development.
11. Human Salivary Proteomics.
12. Genomic Targets in Saliva.
13. Point-Of-Care Diagnostics for Infectious diseases.
14. Dental Caries Risk Assessment.
15. Periodontal Disease Substance Abuse.
16. Role of Saliva in Detection of Substance Abuse.
17. Head and Neck Cancer.
18. Sjögren’s Syndrome.
19. Salivary Gland Dysfunction Associated with Systemic Disease.
20. Progression and treatment evaluation in diseases affecting salivary glands.
21. The Uses of Saliva in Forensic Genetics.
22. SPKB – Salivary Proteome Knowledge Base; A platform for collaborative proteomics research.
III. Saliva Diagnostics- A New Industry.
23. Commercialization of Oral Fluid Products and Technologies.
24. Coverage and Reimbursement for Salivary Diagnostic Tests.
25. Saliva Diagnostics in the Dentist’s and Physician’s Office.
26. Salivary Hormones in Research and Diagnostics.
27. Crossroads Between Saliva Diagnostics and Salivary Gland Gene Therapy.
28. Saliva Diagnostics- A New Industry
- Explains and surveys one of the most exciting areas of oral biology research
- Demonstrates the clinical relevance and practical application of saliva diagnostics
- Inter-disciplinary relevance and appeal across industry and academia
- Written by luminary team headed by one of the world's recognized authorities in the field
Salivary Diagnostics (US $192.99)
Total List Price: US $395.98
Discounted Price: US $296.98 (Save: US $99.00)