Simplified Diet Manual, 10th Edition
January 2007, ©2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
While reflecting the dynamic nature of the field of nutrition, the Tenth Edition of the Simplified Diet Manual retains its basic purpose: providing easy-to-understand, fundamental nutrition guidelines for normal and therapeutic diets. The concise, user-friendly format of this useful resource helps dietitians and foodservice managers succeed in their vital role in maintaining nutritional health and well-being of clients in long-term care facilities, hospitals, and outpatient service centers.
Changes to the Tenth Edition of the Simplified Diet Manual are many and include:
- Revision of the Guidelines for Diet Planning based on Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005 and USDA’s MyPyramid
- Update on Meeting Nutritional Needs of Older People, referencing the American Dietetic Association’s position: Liberalization of the Diet Prescription for Older Adults
- Inclusion of National Dysphagia Diet tables ( 2002, American Dietetic Association)
- Addition of the Bariatric/Gastric Bypass Diet
- Addition of the Modified Renal Diet
- Addition of Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Revision of Exchange Lists for Meal Planning ( 2003, American Dietetic Association)
- Inclusion of study guide questions at the end of each chapter for training foodservice employees in health care facilities that are served by a registered dietitian or dietary consultant.