Responsive Polymer Materials: Design and Applications
January 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
Chemists, biochemists, and electronic engineers will find here
important new material to understand and characterize molecular and
submolecular assemblies that enable the fabrication of
switch-driven polymer systems. Beginning from basic research and
moving to single-molecular design, the contributors illuminate
switching in self-assembled aggregates of polymer chains. These
analyses are extended to the switching/changing of macroscopic
properties in bulk and thin films.
The book demonstrates how the properties of responsive polymers
such as morphology, wetting behavior, adhesion, roughness,
permeability etc., can be modified to create and improve biomedical
devices, chemical sensors, microfluidic devices, drug delivery
systems, adhesion systems, and self-regulating colloids.
For specialists investigating the potential of molecular and submolecular polymer design, this book is essential.
List of contributors.
1. Stimuli-Responsive Brushlike Macromoleculas.
2. Design of Responsive Water-Soluble Block Copolymers.
3. Azobenzene-Containing Photoswitchable Polymeric Langmuir-Blodgett-Kuhn Multilayer Films.
4. Stimuli-Responsive Semifluorinated Polymer Brushes.
5. Nanopatterning of Stimulus-Responsive Polymer Brushes by Scanning Probe and Electron Beam Lithography.
6. Responsive "Unary" Polymer Brushes with Active Anchoring Layer.
7. Mechanism of Phase Segregation in Binary Polymer Brushes: Three-Dimensional Experimental Analysis of Inner Structure.
8. Controlling Selective Adsorption on Patterned Gradient Y-Shaped Amphiphilic Brushes.
9. Responsive Polymers in Microfluidic Devices.
10. Nonspherical Colloidal Particles and Their Stimuli-Responsive Film Formation.
11. Responsive Siloxane-Based Polymeric Surfaces.
12. Nanostructured Composites Based on Polymer Gels.
13. Stimuli-Responsive Polyelectrolyte Microcapsules.
14. Gold Nanoparticle Enhanced Transmission Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectroscopy.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Responsive Polymer Materials: Design and Applications (US $306.00)
-and- Metallurgy and Corrosion Control in Oil and Gas Production (US $133.00)
Total List Price: US $439.00
Discounted Price: US $329.25 (Save: US $109.75)