Microwave-Enhanced Polymer Chemistry and Technology
September 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
Microwave-Enhanced Polymer Chemistry and Technology describes novel approaches to polymer processing using microwave technologies. Coverage includes background and scientific data, analysis of processes and product properties in comparison with existing technology, applications that are being used in various approaches, and the status of current research. Features of microwave irradiation, i.e., solvent-free reactions, low waste, energy efficiency, high yield, short reaction time, and possible use of alternative solvents, can play an important role in the development of green chemistry methods.
- Fundamentals of Microwaves
- Overview of Polymerization Processes Under Microwave Conditions in Comparison with Conventional Conditions
- Thermoplastic Polymers
- Thermosetting Resins
- Polymer Composites and Blends
- Renewable Resources for the Preparation of Polymeric Materials and Polymer Modification
- Recycling of Plastics
- Commercialization and Scaling-Up
Aleksander Prociak, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Institute of Polymer Science and Technology at Cracow University of Technology in Kracow, Poland.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Microwave-Enhanced Polymer Chemistry and Technology (US $290.00)
-and- Micro / Nano Replication: Processes and Applications (US $122.00)
Total List Price: US $412.00
Discounted Price: US $309.00 (Save: US $103.00)