Zoo Animal and Wildlife Immobilization and Anesthesia
October 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
I. Pharmacology and Drug Delivery.
1. Clinical Pharmacology, Kurt A. Grimm and Leigh A. Lamont.
2. Euthanasia, Murray Woodbury.
3. Wildlife Analgesia, Karen L. Machin.
4. Remote Drug Delivery, Ramiro Isaza.
5. Mobile Inhalent Anesthesia Techniques, Bruce Heath.
II. Supportive Care, Monitoring, and Complications.
6. Monitoring, Darryl Heard.
7. Cardiovascular and pulmonary support, Craig Mosely and Cornelia Gunkel.
8. Stress, Jon M. Arnemo and Nigel A. Caulkett.
9. Thermoregulation, Jeff C.H. Ko and Gary West.
10. Capture Myopathy, Jessica Paterson.
11. Human Safety during Wildlife Capture, Nigel Caulkett and Todd Shury.
III. Physical Restraint.
12. Capture and Physical Restraint of Zoo and Wild Animals, Todd Shury.
IV. Invertebrate, Fish, Amphibian, and Reptile Anesthesia.
13. Invertebrates, Cornelia Gunkel and Gregory A. Lewbart.
14. Boney Fish (Lungfish, Sturgeon, and Teleosts), Donald L. Neiffer.
15. Elasmobranchs (Sharks, Rays, and Skates), M. Andrew Stamper.
16. Amphibians, Mark Stetter.
17. Crocodilian Capture and Restraint, Kent A. Vliet.
18. Crocodilians (Crocodiles, Alligators, Caiman, Gharial), Gregory J. Fleming.
19. Squamates (Snakes and Lizards), Mads F. Bertelsen.
20. Venomous Reptile Restraint and Handling, Frederick B. Antonio|.
21. Chelonians (Turtles, Tortoises, and Terrapins), Juergen Schumacher.
V. Bird Anesthesia.
22. Cagebirds, Michelle G Hawkins and Peter J Pascoe.
23. Free-Living Waterfowl and Shorebirds, Daniel M. Mulcahy.
24. Ratites, Jessica Siegal-Willott.
VI. Mammal Anesthesia.
25. Monotremes (Echidnas and Platypus), Peter Holz.
26. Marsupials, Peter Holz.
27. Insectivores(Hedgehogs, Moles, and Tenrecs), Darryl Heard.
28. Edentates (Xenartha), Gary West, Tracy Carter, and Jim Shaw.
29. Tubulidentata and Pholidota, Jennifer Langan.
30. Chiropterans (Bats), Darryl Heard.
31. Prosimians, Cathy V. Williams and Randall E. Junge.
32. Monkeys and Gibbons, Rolf-Arne Øldberg.
33. Great Apes, Jonathan Sleeman.
34. Canids, R. Scott Larsen and Terry J. Kreeger.
35. Bears, Nigel Caulkett.
36. Procyonids and Mustelids, George Kollias and Noha Abou-Mahdi.
37. Viverrids, Anneke Moresco and R. Scott Larsen.
38. Hyenas, Nina Hahn, John M. Parker, Gregory Timmel, Mary Weldele, and Gary West.
39. Felids, Conny Gunkel and Maud LaFortune.
40. Phocid Seals, Michael Lynch and Kate Bodley.
41. Otariid Seals, Martin Haulena.
42. Walrus, David B. Brunson.
43. Cetaceans, Chris Dold and Samuel Ridgway.
44. Sirenians (Manatees and Dugongs), Elizabeth J. Chittick and Michael T. Walsh.
45. Elephants and Hyrax, William A. Horne and Michael R. Loomis.
46. Non-Domestic Equids, Chris Walzer.
47. Tapirs, Sonia M. Hernandez-Divers and James Bailey.
48. Rhinoceroses, Robin W. Radcliffe and Peter vdB. Morkel.
49. Pigs, Luis R. Padilla and Jeff C. H. Ko.
50. Hippopotami, Michele Miller.
51. Camelids, Khursheed R Mama.
52. Giraffidae, Scott B. Citino and Mitchell Bush.
53. Deer (Cervids), Nigel A. Caulkett and Jerry C. Haigh.
54. Antelope, Ray L. Ball.
55. Gazelles, Gary West.
56. Wild Sheep and Goats, Nigel Caulkett and Jerry C. Haigh.
57. Cattle, Tom Curro.
58. Bison, Nigel Caulkett and Jerry C. Haigh.
59. Lagomorphs (Rabbits, Hares, and Pikas), Darryl Heard.
60. Rodents, Darryl Heard
Darryl Heard, BSc, BVMS, PhD, is an Associate Professor and Service Chief of Zoological Medicine at the University of Florida.
Nigel Caulkett is a Professor of Anesthesiology at the University of Calgary.
● In-depth information on anesthesia use for zoo, wildlife, and exotic species
● Contributions from board certified specialists in zoo medicine and veterinary anesthesia
"This book is a nice compilation of anesthetic techniques in captive and free-ranging wildlife. The text is and will remain a major reference source for anesthesia of zoo and wild animals and should be a part of all exotic animal practitioners’ libraries." - Exotic DVM Magazine
"The layout is easy to follow and information can be obtained quickly. Overall the chapters are written and presented to a high standard, each being well illustrated and providing a basic overview of anesthesia. If has a useful place in any zoo or veterinary library." - Veterinary Record
Zoo Animal and Wildlife Immobilization and Anesthesia (US $180.99)
-and- Avian and Exotic Animal Hematology and Cytology, 3rd Edition (US $197.99)
Total List Price: US $378.98
Discounted Price: US $284.23 (Save: US $94.75)