April 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
The book thoroughly examines the expanding and evolving body of knowledge about endodontic microbiology. The topics covered include persistent and resistant microorganisms, virulence factors, and systemic dissemination of endodontic microorganisms. Written by preeminent experts, Endodontic Microbiology summarizes contemporary thought in the field.
1. Microbiological Perspectives in the 21st Century.
2. Diagnosis, Epidemiology and Global impact of Endodontic Infections.
3. Microbiology of Dentinal Tubule Infection.
4. Culture-based Analysis of Endodontic Infections.
5. Molecular Analysis of Endodontic Infections.
Jose Siqueira and Isabella Rôças.
6. Periapical Infection.
7. Virulence of Endodontic Bacterial Pathogens.
8. Viruses in Endodontic Pathosis.
9. Fungi in Endodontic Infections.
Bilge Hakan Sen and Guniz Baksi.
10. Fascial Space Infections Secondary to Endodontic Pathosis.
Domenick P. Coletti and Robert Ord.
11. Endodontic Infections and Pain.
Anibal Diogenes and Ken Hargreaves.
12. Systemic Antibiotics in Endodontic Infections.
J. Craig Baumgartner and John Smith.
13. Topical Antimicrobials in Endodontic Therapy.
Tuomas Waltimo and Matthias Zehnder.
14. Management of Endodontic Infections in Incompletely Developed Teeth.
15. The Prognosis of Treatment of Endodontic Infections.
16. Endodontic Infections and Systemic Disease.
- Written by leading authors in endodontic microbiology and clinical treatment of endodontic pathosis
- Surveys contemporary evidence and practice in endodontic microbiology
- Brings together contributions from leading educators and researchers
- Promotes the centrality of biological principles to understanding and managing endodontic diseases
- Fuses science and in-depth scholarship with clinical practice