Hand-Rearing Wild and Domestic Mammals
October 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Some of the topics covered in each chapter of this book include:
* Assessment of the neonate
* Specialised equipment
* Expected weight gains
* Formula selection and preparation
* Weaning techniques
* Common medical problems
Detailed chapters are devoted to the following animals:
* Domestic animals: puppies, kittens, ferrets, sugar gliders and rabbits
* Farm animals: foals, kids, llamas and piglets
* Wildlife: squirrels, opossums, raccoons, rabbits, deer, foxes, bears, bats, and hedgehogs
* Zoo animals: ungulates, non-domestic equids, exotic felids, polar bears, elephants, rhinoceroses, macropods, pinnipeds, large and small primates, lemurs and sloths
Dr Laurie Gage is well known for her work and expertise in the rearing of seals, sea lions and walruses and has experience in rearing many other mammalian species.