Recreational Fisheries: Social, Economic and Management Aspects
March 1998, Wiley-Blackwell
Introduction and outline of the EIFAC symposium on recreational fisheries.
EIFAC workshop on recreational fishery planning and management in Central and Easter Europe.
Convenors, chairmen and rapporteurs of the EIFAC symposium on recreational fisheries.
Adoption of the report of the EIFAC symposium on recreational fisheries..
Current status and trends in recreational fisheries.
1. Summary report of the symposium topic session on th current status and trends in recreational fisheries (K. Pinter, A. Wotos).
2. A national survey on freshwater fishing in France (J.-M. Jantzen).
3. Data on recreational fisheries in the Federal Republic of Germany (V. Hilge).
4. Status and trends in recreational fisheries in Italy (R. Marini).
5. Recreational fisheries survey in the Liege province of Belgium (V. Frank, A. Lejeune and D. Herman).
6. National survey of recreational fisheries in Sweden (A. Bogelius).
7. Results of a survey on recreational fishing in Cyprus reservoirs (D. Stephanou).
8. Socio-economic analysis of recreational fisheries in two departments of the Polish Anglers Association, based on the results of the registration of anglers' catches (A. Wotos, M. Teodorowicz and H. Brylski).
9. Information on Czech Republic fisheries (F. Vacha).
Interaction between fisheries and outside influences.
10. Summary report of the symposium topic session the interactions between fisheries and outside influences (M. Bninska, E. Kainz).
11. Trends in recreational angling: the British Waterways experience (J.W.Ellis).
12. The Funen sea trout project, Denmark - a development project for the environment and tourism (M.M. Moller and J.D. Petersen).
13. Compatibility of recreational fisheries and ecological lake restoration in Pikeperch (Stizostedion Lucioperca L.) management in Lake (Koylionjarvi).
14. Animal welfare and angling in Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany (R. Berg and R. Rosch).
Interactions between fisheries and other user groups.
15. Summary report of the symposium topic session n the interactions between fisheries and other user groups.
16. Aquatic resource planning for resolution of fisheries management issues (I.G. Cowx).
17. An illustrative grilse survival model for an Irish salmon fishery (P.G. Gargan, K.F. Whelan and B.J. Whelan).
18. Local Conflicts in Finnish Lake Fisheries (P. Salmi and H. AQuvinen).
19. Catch, costs and management opinions of anglers in three rivers in NE Finland (T. Sutela and A. Huusko).
20. Salmon angling as a resource in regional development in the Swedish counties Norrbotten and Vasterbotten (M. Alatalo and H. Appelblad).
Socio-economic and legal aspects of recreational fisheries.
21. Summary report of the symposium topic session on the socio-economic and legal aspects of recreational fisheries (D. Viard, T. Brenner).
22. Human dimensions perspective on recreational fisheries management: implications for Europe (O. Aas and R.B. Ditton).
23. Valuation of recreational fisheries in eh north-east US. Striped bass: a case study (A. Gautam and S. Steinback).
24. Economic valuation of recreational fisheries in the UK (M. Postle and L. Moore).
25. An economic analysis of salmon fishing in the Finistere Department of France (J.P. Porcher and J. Brulard).
26. Trends in exploitation and marketing of recreational fisheries in Scania, South Sweden (S. Andreasson, L. Bang and J. Wagnstrom).
27. Recreational fisheries: French legislative and statutory arrangement sin force (B.Guevel).
Criteria for the management of recreational fisheries.
28. Summary report of the symposium topic session on the criteria for the management of recreational fisheries (P. Flitzmaurice, M. Aprahamian).
29. Development and management of recreational angling in Irish canals (J.M. Caffrey, J.P. Allison, R.E. Donnelly, D.M. Tierney and C. Monahan).
30. Angler catch statistics: two methods for examining trends in fish populations (P.A. Frear and S.N. Axford).
31. Stocking management and anglers' catch in 22 brooks of Saxony, Germany (B. Rennert and M. Winkel,).
32. The impact of angling on the population dynamics of roach (Rutilus rutilus L.) in a former ship canal (P. Gerard, Belgium).
33. Management of the brown trout and whitefish fishery in Lake Lappajarvi, Finland - a decision analysis approach (O. Heikinheimo and J. Raitaniemi).
34. Fisheries regions - a tool for co-operation in fisheries management (M. Sipponen).
35. Cost benefit analysis: its role in recreational fisheries development and management (M.A. Bilsby, D. Cragg-Hine and K. Hendry).
36. Education and training in recreational fishery in Germany (M. von Lukowicz).
37. The promotion of recreational fisheries - the young and fishing (J.-M. Jantzen).
38. Comments concerning a code of good practice for recreational fishing (P. Hickley).
* Provides badly needed environmental, biological and socio-economic data
* Examines legislation and strategies to favour sustainable use of the resources * Discusses the future development of recreational fisheries
Recreational Fisheries: Social, Economic and Management Aspects (US $249.95)
-and- Aquaculture Economics and Financing: Management and Analysis (US $115.95)
Total List Price: US $365.90
Discounted Price: US $274.42 (Save: US $91.48)