Optical Mapping of Cardiac Excitation and Arrhythmias
December 2001, Wiley-Blackwell
Mark E. Josephson.
Section I. Basic Principles .
Introduction: Optical Mapping of Cardiac Excitation and Arrhythmias: A Primer.
David S. Rosenbaum.
1. Optical Mapping: Background and Historical Perspective.
2. Mechanisms and Principles of Voltage-Sensitive Fluorescence.
Leslie M. Loew.
3. Optical Properties of Cardiac Tissue.
William T. Baxter.
4. Optics and Detectors Used in Optical Mapping.
Kenneth R. Laurita and Imad Libbus.
5. Optimization of Temporal Filtering for Optical Transmembrane Potential Signals.
Francis X. Witkowski, Patricia A. Penkoske, and L. Joshua Leon.
Section II. Microscopic Propagation.
Introduction: Unique Role of Optical Mapping in the Study of Propagation and Repolarization.
David S. Rosenbaum.
6. Optical Mapping of Impulse Propagation within Cardiomyocytes.
7. Optical Mapping of Impulse Propagation between Cardiomyocytes.
Stephan Rohr and Jan P. Kucera.
8. Role of Cell-to-Cell Coupling, Structural Discontinuities, and Tissue Anisotropy in Propagation of the Electrical Impulse.
André G. Kléber, Stephan Rohr, and Vladimir G. Fast.
9. Optical Mapping of Impulse Propagation in the Atrioventricular Node: 1.
Todor N. Mazgalev and Igor R. Efimov.
10. Optical Mapping of Impulse Propagation in the Atrioventricular Node: 2.
Guy Salama and Bum-Rak Choi.
11. Optical Mapping of Microscopic Propagation: Clinical Insights and Applications.
Albert L. Waldo.
Section III. Cardiac Arrhythmias.
Introduction: Unique Role of Optical Mapping in the Study of Cardiac Arrhythmias.
12. Mapping Arrhythmia Substrates Related to Repolarization: 1. Dispersion of Repolarization.
Kenneth R. Laurita, Joseph M. Pastore, and David S. Rosenbaum.
13. Mapping Arrhythmia Substrates Related to Repolarization: 2. Cardiac Wavelength.
Steven Girouard and David S. Rosenbaum.
14. Video Imaging of Cardiac Fibrillation.
Richard A. Gray and José Jalife.
15. Video Mapping of Spiral Waves in the Heart.
William T. Baxter and Jorge M. Davidenko.
16. Video Imaging of Wave Propagation in a Transgenic Mouse Model of Cardiomyopathy.
Faramarz Samie, Gregory E. Morley, Dhjananjay Vaidya, Karen L. Vikstrom, and José Jalife.
17. Optical Mapping of Cardiac Arrhythmias: Clinical Insights and Applications.
Douglas L. Packer.
Section IV. Cardiac Defibrillation.
Introduction: Unique Role of Optical Mapping in the Study of Cardiac Defibrillation.
18. Response of Cardiac Myocytes to Electrical Fields.
19. New Perspectives in Electrophysiology from The Cardiac Bidomain.
Shien-Fong Lin and John P. Wikswo, Jr..
20. Mechanisms of Defibrillation: 1. Influence of Fiber Structure on Tissue Response to Electrical Stimulation.
Stephen B. Knisley.
21. Mechanisms of Defibrillation: 2. Application of Laser Scanning Technology.
Stephen M. Dillon.
22. Mechanisms of Defibrillation: 3. Virtual Electrode-Induced Wave Fronts and Phase Singularities; Mechanisms of Success and Failure of Internal Defibrillation.
Igor R. Efimov and Yuanna Cheng.
23. Optical Mapping of Cardiac Defibrillation: Clinical Insights and Applications.
Douglas P. Zipes.
Optical Mapping of Cardiac Excitation and Arrhythmias (US $205.95)
Total List Price: US $288.90
Discounted Price: US $216.67 (Save: US $72.23)