Endovascular Intervention: New Tools and Techniques for the 21st Century, Volume 3
September 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
This timely volume will be of considerable interest to practising vascular specialists. Vascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists, interventional radiologists, cardiac surgeons, and general cardiologists will all benefit from this current, insightful review.
1. Vascular Surgery and Endoluminal Intervention: An Overview of Vascular Therapies at the Turn of the Century.
Edward B. Diethrich, MD.
2. Noninterventional Management of Peripheral Vascular Disease: Advances and Limitations.
Michael R. Jaff, DO.
3. How and When Will Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting Replace Surgical Endarterectomy?.
Michael H. Wholey, MD, MBA, Mark H. Wholey, MD, Gustav R. Eles, DO, Chester R. Jarmolowski, MD, and Walter Tan, MD.
4. Evolving Strategies and New Techniques to Determine Morphology and Precise Measurements for Endograft Planning.
Hugh G. Beebe, MD and Boonprasit Kritpracha, MD.
5. Endovascular Grafting in the Treatment of Extensive Aortoiliac Occlusive Disease:.
Will it Replace Conventional Surgery?.
Reese A. Wain, MD and Frank J. Veith, MD.
6. Role of Covered Stents in Peripheral Arterial Diseases.
Michel Henry, MD, Isabelle Henry, MD, and Kiril Tzvetanov, MD.
7. Endoluminal Treatment of Extensive Disease in the Superficial Femoral Artery: The Remote Endarterectomy.
Joep A.W. Teijink, MD, PhD, Robin H. Heijmen, MD, PhD, Jos C. van den Berg, MD, PhD, and Frans L. Moll, MD, PhD.
8. Devices and Techniques for Mechanical Clot Removal.
Bradley B. Hill, MD and Thomas J. Fogarty, MD.
9. Current and Future Innovations in Thrombolytic Therapy.
Amir Motarjeme, MD.
10. Chronic Venous Insufficiency: The Role for Endovascular Therapy.
Patricia E. Thorpe, MD and Francisco J. Osse, MD.
11. Techniques of Stent-Graft Repair in the Thoracic Aorta.
Frank J. Criado, MD, Youssef Rizk, DO, Marcos F. Barnatan, MD, Cecilia F. Wang, MS, and Nancy S. Clark, MD.
12. Superelastic Stent Designs.
Tom W. Duerig, PhD, Deborah E. Tolomeo, PhD, and Mark H. Wholey, MD.
13. Laparoscopic Techniques in Vascular Surgery.
Carlos R. Gracia, MD and Yves-Marie Dion, MD, MSc.
14. Endovascular Intervention: What Does the Future Hold?.
Michael R. Jaff, DO and Frank J. Criado, MD.
to be a practical guide as well as a technical primer, for both veterans and beginning
provides quick answers to the most common questions;
illustrations clarify key points;
provides practical step-by-step instructions, and advice on how to avoid common