The Heart and Lung in Obesity
June 1998, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Among the topics covered are:
- The effects of obesity on myocardial metabolism, morphology and function
- An in-depth analysis of the evolution of obesity cardiomyopathy
- Obesity's interrelationship with sleep disordered breathing
- The effects of weight loss on obesity-related cardiopulmonary abnormalities
- Obesity and coronary artery disease
This last topic has seldom if ever been so comprehensively reviewed. Indeed, the entire text provides the most in-deth critical analysis yet of how obesity affects the heart and lung and is hence recommended for anyone working in the field of obesity or providing medical care to obese patients.