BSAVA Manual of Ornamental Fish, 2nd Edition
This book covers all aspects of ornamental fish health including: environmental needs, the aquatic trade, fishkeeping, disease investigation, systematic disorders, infectious and non-infectious diseases, medical and surgical therapies, relevant legislation and health & safety.
Although written primarily for veterinarians, this book is an essential reference for anyone involved in professional fish health care and for those working in the ornamental fish industry and public aquaria.
Part I: General Background and Management.
1. The aquatic environment (Jane Lloyd).
2. Ornamental fish trade (Keith Davenport).
3. Ornamental fish farming (Chris Walster).
4. Aquatic traders (Bernice Brewster).
5. Pond fish keeping (Frank Prince lles).
6. Freshwater aquaria (David Pool).
7. Marine aquaria (Dick Mills).
8. Public aquaria (Ian D.F. Walker and Brent R. Whitaker).
Part II: Clinical investigation.
9. General approach (Ray L. Butcher).
10. Examining the environment (Todd R. Cecil).
11. Restraint, anesthesia and euthanasia (Lindsay G. Ross).
12. Clinical examination (Gregory A. Lewbart).
13. Laboratory techniques (Peter J. Southgate).
14. Diagnostic imaging and endoscopy (Mark D. Stetter).
Part III: Diseases - by System.
15. Skin disease (William H. Wildgoose).
16. Internal disorders (William H. Wildgoose).
17. Respiratory Disease (Sara Childs and Brent R. Whitaker).
18. Ocular disorders (Brent R. Whitaker).
19. Behavioural Changes (Ruth Francis-Floyd and William H. Wildgoose).
20. Sudden Death (William H. Wildgoose).
Part IV: Diseases - by Cause.
21. Parasitic diseases (Matt Longshaw and Stephen W. Feist).
22. Bacterial diseases (Gavin Barker).
23. Fungal diseases (Andrew Hilliman)].
24. Viral diseases (David Bucke).
25. Environmental disorders (Todd R. Cecil).
26. Toxins (Peter J. Southgate and Edward J. Branson).
27. Neoplasia and developmental anomalies (John C. Harshbarger).
28. Nutritional disorders (Roy P.E. Yanong).
29. Reproductive and genetic disorders (Roy P.E. Yanong).
Part V: Treatment and Prophylaxis.
30. Therapeutics (William H. Wildgoose and Gregory A. Lewbart).
31. Surgery (Craig A. Harms and William H. Wildgoose).
Part VI: Miscellaneous.
32. Aquatic invertebrates (Colin Grist).
a. UK legislation (Peter W. Scott).
b. US legislation (Roy P.E. Yanong).
34. Health and safety (Colin Grist).
* Aquatic traders and farming
* Clinical investigations
* Diseases by system and type
* Practical approach
* International contributors
* Colour illustrations throughout
BSAVA Manual of Ornamental Fish, 2nd Edition (US $178.99)
-and- BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Surgical Principles: A Foundation Manual (US $115.00)
Total List Price: US $293.99
Discounted Price: US $220.49 (Save: US $73.50)