BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Musculoskeletal Disorders
The early parts of the Manual deal with generic issues related to the biology, diseases and treatment of bones, joints, muscles and tendons. Arthritis is addressed in detail, with notes on the modern approach to management. Chapters on surgical principles and instrumentation, biomaterials, arthroscopy and postoperative management address the general issues encountered in joint surgery. Chapters focussed on each of the major synovial joints, including the temporomandibular joint, then follow. Each of these joint-specific chapters deals with basic anatomy and surgical approaches, before describing the conditions that affect the particular joint.
Common surgical procedures on joints are described with the use of Operative Techniques. Possible pitfalls and key points are highlighted, so as to make maximum use of the experience of the international panel of authors. The Operative Techniques are illustrated with the specially commissioned colour drawings that are so much a hallmark of BSAVA Manuals.
1. An Approach to the Lame Dog or Cat (John E.F. Houlton).
2. Radiography (Jeremy V. Davies).
3. Laboratory Investigations (Susan Bell and John E.F. Houlton).
4. Advanced Diagnostic Techniques (Steven C. Budsberg and Michael W. Thomas).
5. Diseases and Disorders of the Bone (Sorrel Langley-Hobbs).
6. Disturbances of Growth and Bone Development (Sorrel Langley-Hobbs).
7. Arthritis (Ralph Abercromby, John Innes and Chris May).
8. Muscles and Tendons.
8a. Muscles and Tendon Injuries (Angus Anderson).
8b. Diseases of Muscles and the Neuromuscular Junction (G. Diane Shelton).
9. Tumours of the Musculoskeletal System (B. Duncan X. Lascelles).
10. Neurological Causes of Lameness (T. James Anderson).
11. Surgical Biology of Joints (Rory Todhunter).
12. Principles of Articular Surgery (Sorrel Langley-Hobbs).
13. Surgical Instrumentation (John Lapish).
14. Biomaterials for Joint Surgery (Derek B. Fox).
15a. Arthroscopic Equipment (John Lapish and Bernadette Van Ryssen).
15b. Principles of Arthroscopy (Bernadette Van Ryssen).
16. Postoperative Management and Rehabilitation (Darryl L. Mills).
17. The Shoulder (Steve Butterworth and James L. Cook).
18. The Elbow (Geoff Robins and John Innes).
19. The Carpus (Mike Guillard).
20. The Distal Limb (Richard Eaton-Wells).
21. The Hip (Carlos Macias, James L. Cook and John Innes).
22. The Stifle (W. Malcolm McKee and James L. Cook).
23. The Tarsus (Andrew Miller and Don Hulse).
24. The Temporomandibular Joint (Colin Stead).
Jimmi Cook is at the University of Missouri.
BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Musculoskeletal Disorders (US $167.99)
-and- BSAVA Manual of Canine and Feline Surgical Principles: A Foundation Manual (US $115.00)
Total List Price: US $282.99
Discounted Price: US $212.24 (Save: US $70.75)