Complexities of Higher Education Administration: Case Studies & Issues
Based on extensive experience in administration, in teaching, and in running workshops for administrators, the authors have assembled a collection of cases focused on topics common to academic administration. This book:
* offers sixteen generalized cases based on real situations
* combines higher education administration and communication theory
* includes indices for selecting cases by institution type, level and constituency, issues and tasks, and communication skills
* is a valuable resource for practicing administrators
* is an ideal text for graduate courses in educational administration, organizational communication, and management.
Higher Education Issues and Administrative Tasks.
Administrative Level and Constituency Group.
1. Mirror, mirror on the wall. . .
2. Statics, tensions and abrasions.
3. Competitors or partners?
4. Publish or perish.
6. An exceedingly chilly climate.
7. An open and shut case.
8. Hindsight is 20/20.
9. Supervisor's dilemma.
10. The new mandate: Assess!
11. Puzzle pieces.
12. Silence gives license.
13. An attempt to finese.
14. Domino effect.
15. Who's on first?
16. Whose decision is this anyway?