Lighting Digital Field Guide
One of the most important aspects of photography is lighting, but getting the lighting right is tricky. When should you use flash? Are a camera’s automatic settings dependable? Should you use reflectors or diffusers and where do you place them? This handy, portable reference will show you when, where, and how to create and capture perfect light, every time. The book includes a color checker card to help you maintain true color, as well as examples of stunningly-lit photos of people, wildlife, and landscapes to inspire you.
- Walks you through the essentials of lighting for digital photography
- Helps beginning and intermediate photographers leave the safety of automatic settings and confidently control lighting themselves
- Shows how to evaluate natural light, decide when to use flash, and how and when to use diffusers or reflectors
- Includes a tear-out color checker card to help you maintain true color in your photographs
- Comes in the handy, portable Digital Field Guides size, perfect for camera bags
Create and capture the perfect lighting every time, with Lighting Digital Field Guide!
CHAPTER 1: Understanding Light.
CHAPTER 2: Camera Controls of Light.
CHAPTER 3: Controlling the Light with Shutter Speed.
CHAPTER 4: Controlling the Light with Aperture.
CHAPTER 5: Working with Flash.
CHAPTER 6: Working with Speedlights.
CHAPTER 7: Lighting Equipment.
CHAPTER 8: Action and Sports Photography.
CHAPTER 9: Concert and Event Photography.
CHAPTER 10: Landscape and Nature Photography.
CHAPTER 11: Night and Low-Light Photography.
CHAPTER 12: Portrait Photography.
CHAPTER 13: Still Life and Product Photography.
CHAPTER 14: Wedding Photography.
CHAPTER 15: Wildlife and Pet Photography.
APPENDIX A: Rules of Composition.
APPENDIX B: Resources.
APPENDIX C: How to Use the Gray Card and Color Checker.