Chasing Youth Culture and Getting it Right: How Your Business Can Profit by Tapping Today's Most Powerful Trendsetters and Tastemakers
Whether you're a business professional trying to decode the $43 billion youth market, a marketer looking for a message that connects, or an entrepreneur trying to develop youth-oriented products, Chasing Youth Culture and Getting It Right gives you an unparalleled field guide to the newest wave of millennials and their mindsets.
Inside this unique book, you'll meet four major tribes the Wired Techie, The Conformist But Somewhat Paradoxical Preppy, The Always-Mellow Alternative, and The Cutting-Edge Independent and understand their key traits, likes and dislikes, and what kind of adult they will likely become.
- Includes many examples of companies, brands, and organizations who chased the youth demographic and got it right, or who failed to nail their audience
- Understand such concepts as Warholism, Tweenabees, Hand-me-ups, Massclusivity, The Facebook Effect, and Instantity
- Author has won many honors and much media recognition as a young entrepreneur and youth marketer to watch
Want to understand the next generation? Get Chasing Youth Culture and Getting It Right and discover how to reach this fascinating and elusive demographic.
Part One Introducing Generation 2.0.
1 Meet the Kids: Say Hello to the Newest Wave of Millennials.
2 The Tribes and Their Trends: Figuring Out What Kids Want When They’re More Different than Alike.
Part Two What Millennials Want Now.
3 “I Want It”: What Millennials Buy and Why.
4 “I Texted You :)”: Screen Time, All the Time: How Technology Is Rewiring the New Millennial.
5 “Awesome!”: Everything Old School Is New Again: Why Some Brands Will Be Around When Millennials Have Kids of Their Own.
6 “I Just Want to Be Mii (and Me)”: The Importance of Letting Kids Be Kids.
Part Three Young Today, Grown Tomorrow.
7 BuzzSpotting: Tween and Teen Trends That Will Change the Way We Live and Work.
8 The Coming of the Global Mobile: How the New Millennials Will Shape the Future.
About the Author.
The Millennial Generation, consisting of young people born between 1984 and 2002, is growing up during a confounding time of rapid technological advances coupled with a stubborn recession, of unprecedented sharing and collaboration against a backdrop of tension and conflict. In the middle of it all, the Millennials sit, deciphering their world—or ignoring it—via their cell phones, iPods, laptops, and iPads. What are these elusive and complex creatures thinking? What do they care about? And who will get their dollars?
Whether for a business professional trying to decode the $43 billion youth market, a marketer looking for a message that connects, an entrepreneur trying to develop youth-oriented products, or a parent or an educator eager for a ground-level look at today's kids, youth marketing expert and CEO of Buzz Marketing Group, Tina Wells and her book Chasing Youth Culture and Getting It Right: How Your Business Can Profit by Tapping Today's Most Powerful Trendsetters and Tastemakers, can deliver a unparalleled field guide to the newest wave of Millennials and their mindsets.
The book discusses how connecting with this generation is not about marketing to specific age, but to a mind-set. With numerous examples of organizations who chased the youth demographic and got it right or who failed to nail their audience, Wells explains:
- This generation's tribes: the Wired Techies, the Conformist, But Somewhat Paradoxical Preppies, the Always Mellow Alternatives, and the Cutting Edge Independents
- How to speak to these tribes, understand their key traits, likes and dislikes, and what kind of adult they will likely become
- How technology is rewiring the New Millennial
- Such concepts as Warholism, the Millennials' desire and expectation of fame, and Instanity, the insanity of "Now," and how each can affect marketing efforts
- Why Lolitas and mean girls are bad for business
- How tween and teen trends will forever change the way we live and work
Wells is in her fifteenth year as founder and CEO of Buzz Marketing Group, a youth marketing agency that specializes in youth needs, desires, and trends, has grown a network of approximately 10,000 buzzSpotters® (teen consultants). Anyone who spends as much time as Wells does immersed in the youthful world, will discover that the product and services choices kids make today are reflections of how they see their tomorrows—clues about how they’ll reshape a future that we’ll all share.
Chasing Youth Culture and Getting it Right: How Your Business Can Profit by Tapping Today's Most Powerful Trendsetters and Tastemakers (US $24.95)
Total List Price: US $43.90
Discounted Price: US $32.92 (Save: US $10.98)