HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. Joining the professional web designers and programmers are new audiences who need to know a little bit of code at work (update a content management system or e-commerce store) and those who want to make their personal blogs more attractive. Many books teaching HTML and CSS are dry and only written for those who want to become programmers, which is why this book takes an entirely new approach.
- Introduces HTML and CSS in a way that makes them accessible to everyone—hobbyists, students, and professionals—and it’s full-color throughout
- Utilizes information graphics and lifestyle photography to explain the topics in a simple way that is engaging
- Boasts a unique structure that allows you to progress through the chapters from beginning to end or just dip into topics of particular interest at your leisure
This educational book is one that you will enjoy picking up,
reading, then referring back to. It will make you wish other
technical topics were presented in such a simple, attractive and
Chapter 1: Structure 12
Chapter 2: Text 40
Chapter 3: Lists 62
Chapter 4: Links 74
Chapter 5: Images 94
Chapter 6: Tables 126
Chapter 7: Forms 144
Chapter 8: Extra Markup 176
Chapter 9: Flash, Video & Audio 200
Chapter 10: Introducing CSS 226
Chapter 11: Color 246
Chapter 12: Text 264
Chapter 13: Boxes 300
Chapter 14: Lists, Tables & Forms 330
Chapter 15: Layout 358
Chapter 16: Images 406
Chapter 17: HTML5 Layout 428
Chapter 18: Process & Design 452
Chapter 19: Practical Information 476
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. announces new resources for web design and development tutors. This extensive set of animated lecture slides and Q+A sheets corresponds with Jon Duckett’s best-selling book HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites (Wiley, 978-1-1180-0818-8, November 2011, www.htmlandcssbook.com).
- Animated Lecture Slides: in both Keynote and PowerPoint formats to assist in teaching students in a visually engaging manner. Each presentation corresponds to a specific chapter in HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites. Instructors are free to modify the slides, as needed, to work with class lectures.
- Question and Answer Sheets: a set of questions corresponding with each chapter of the book to test students’ understanding of the topic, as well as answer sheets for instructors. The Q+A Sheets are simple to print and hand out to students, and can be useful in monitoring the progress of classes.
HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites has quickly become a favorite among designers and instructors as an excellent reference and course companion. It has achieved widespread acclaim for its groundbreaking design approach, which teaches code in a highly visual manner. Each page of the book introduces a new topic using straightforward explanations accompanied by bite-sized code samples. At the end of each chapter there is an in-depth example that puts together the techniques it has covered. The academic resources were created with the same attention to detail as the book, providing up-to-date, visually inspiring tools for those teaching HTML & CSS.
In a recent book review for HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites, Patrick McNeil, author of The Web Designers' Idea Book and content director for HOW Interactive Design, states, “If you’re trying to learn code for the first time, this book will be a remarkable companion. And as someone who coaches many designers moving into the development world, I’ve found a new go-to manual.” McNeil continues, “Bottom line, if you’re relatively new to HTML and CSS, this book will be an invaluable asset. I definitely expect to see it showing up as required reading in the design departments of many universities.”
HTML & CSS: Design and Build Websites is available for purchase online and at retailers nationwide. Educational discounts for bulk purchases of the book are available via Wiley’s academic sales representatives.