I Am John Galt: Today's Heroic Innovators Building the World and the Villainous Parasites Destroying It
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
"Who is John Galt?" may well be the best known line from all of Ayn Rand's works. So… who is he? Galt is not only the fictional character from the hugely bestselling novel, Atlas Shrugged, who has come to embody the individualist capitalist who acts in his own self interest and in doing so lifts the world. He is also found in today’s CEOs, journalists, sports figures, and actors who have led their lives according to Galt’s philosophy and in so doing they have achieved phenomenal success, not only for themselves but for those around them.
In their new book, I AM JOHN GALT: Today’s Heroic Innovator’s Building the World and the Villainous Parasites Destroying It (Wiley, May 2011, 978-1-118-01378-6, $27.95), well known market commentator Donald Luskin and financial journalist Andrew Greta introduce us to the real-life titans who’ve lived their lives like Rand’s fictional heroes and the malefactors who’ve lived like her fictional villains. Filled with exclusive interviews, profiles, and analyses of the superstars who have based their lives and careers on the philosophy of the perennially popular Ayn Rand, this book both inspires and enlightens.
I AM JOHN GALT stars:
- The Individualist: Steve Jobs as Howard Roark, the man who reinvented four industries just because it was so cool
- The Mad Collectivist: Paul Krugman as Ellsworth Toohey, the man who preaches socialism from the pages of America’s newspaper of record
- The Leader: John Allison as John Galt, the man who walked away after building America’s strongest bank
- The Parasite: Angelo Mozilo as James Taggart, the businessman who co-opted government and nearly wrecked the US economy
- The Persecuted Titan: Bill Gates as Henry Rearden, the businessman who created revolutionary technologies and was criminalized for his success
- The Central Planner: Barney Frank as Wesley Mouch, the politician who meddled in the economy and almost destroyed it
- The Capitalist Champion: T.J Rodgers as Francisco d’Anconia, the modern Renaissance man and agent provocateur for capitalism
- The Sellout: Alan Greenspan as Robert Stadler, the libertarian who became an economic czar
- The Economist of Liberty: Milton Friedman as Hugh Akston, the academic who showed the world the connection between capitalism and freedom
Engaging and entertaining, I AM JOHN GALT examines how the inspiration that is Galt thrives more than 50 years after the publication of Atlas Shrugged. It will spark the interest of Ayn Rand fans everywhere, as well as those seeking a way to succeed in today's turbulent and confusing times both in their business lives and their personal lives.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
I Am John Galt: Today's Heroic Innovators Building the World and the Villainous Parasites Destroying It (US $27.95)
Total List Price: US $54.90
Discounted Price: US $41.17 (Save: US $13.73)