Non-Tenure-Track Faculty in Higher Education: ASHE Higher Education Report, Volume 36, Number 5
January 2011, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
It also reviews the literature about key tensions that emerge because of the development of this new group of faculty:
- Is tenure still relevant and important?
- Can tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty find shared interests to collectively create change?
- Can non-tenure-track faculty overcome competition that prevents them from working together meaningfully?
- Why is the research on the institutional and student impacts of non-tenure-track faculty so mixed?
- Does empirical research address stereotypes about non-tenure-track faculty and how can it be spread more widely to imporve institutional decision making?
- What future research is needed to guide policy?
As a guide to the trends and research in non-tenure track faculty, this is an invaluable review for administrators and faculty who want to make better-informed decisions about staffing.
This is the fifth issue in the 36th volume of the Jossey-Bass series ASHE Higher Education Report. Each monograph in the series is the definitive analysis of a tough higher education problem, based on thorough research of pertinent literature and institutional experiences. Topics are identified by a national survey. Noted practitioners and scholars are then commissioned to write the reports, with experts providing critical reviews of each manuscript before publication.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Non-Tenure-Track Faculty in Higher Education: ASHE Higher Education Report, Volume 36, Number 5 (US $29.00)
-and- Academic Leadership Day by Day: Small Steps That Lead to Great Success (US $25.00)
Total List Price: US $54.00
Discounted Price: US $40.50 (Save: US $13.50)