Emerging Issues and Practices in Peer Education: New Directions for Student Services, Number 133
April 2011, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The Ongoing, and Emerging, Place of Peer Education (Lee Burdette Williams).
1. Peer Educators in a Theoretical Context: Emerging Adults (Carolyn G. Dennett, James A. Azar)
The peer educator and the directing supervisor encounter a variety of challenges that can be framed effectively by a theoretical perspective.
2. Learning Outcomes for Peer Educators: The National Survey on Peer Education (Matthew R. Wawrzynski, Carl L. LoConte, Emily J. Straker)
Findings from The National Peer Educator Study present implications for making peer education a transformative learning process.
3. Peer Educators Responding to Students with Mental Health Issues (Mark F. Daddona)
Peer educators need effective communication skills and knowledge of campus counseling services to serve students with a variety of emotional diffi culties.
4. Peer Educators in Learning Assistance Programs: Best Practices for New Programs (Wendy L. Wilson, David R. Arendale)
Starting a new peer education program in learning assistance requires attention to critical program components.
5. Peer Educators in Classroom Settings: Effective Academic Partners (Julie E. Owen)
Innovative uses of peer undergraduate teaching assistants at diverse institutions are explored.
6. Peer Education in Student Leadership Programs: Responding to Co-Curricular Challenges (Paige Haber)
An overview of emerging leadership theory and research is critical for developing and improving programs using peer educators.
7. Peer Educators in Critical Campus Discourse (Rhondie Voorhees, Steven N. Petkas)
An innovative peer education program is designed to teach skills for engagement through exploration of multicultural societal dilemmas.
8. Peer Educators Responding to an Institutional Challenge: Off-Campus Student Services (James R. Hintz)
Issues and challenges facing off-campus students can be met effectively with the help of peer educators.
9. The Future of Peer Education: Broadening the Landscape and Assessing the Benefits (Lee Burdette Williams)
The Editor considers the opportunities presented by peer education for deeper learning, personal development, and strengthening campus community.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Emerging Issues and Practices in Peer Education: New Directions for Student Services, Number 133 (US $29.00)
-and- Writing a Dissertation For Dummies, UK Edition (US $21.99)
Total List Price: US $50.99
Discounted Price: US $38.24 (Save: US $12.75)