Nikon D3100 For Dummies
Author Julie King knows how to teach newbies, and in this handy guide she?ll help you get the very most out of the powerful new Nikon D3100. Say you?re already an experienced photographer? The helpful tips and tricks in this friendly book will get you quickly up to speed on the D3100?s new 14-megapixel sensor, continous video/live focus, full HD video, expanded autofocus, and more. As a seasoned instructor at the Palm Beach Photographic Center, Julie anticipates all questions, whether you?re a beginner or digital camera pro, and offers pages of easy-to-follow advice.
- Helps you get every bit of functionality out of the new Nikon D3100 camera
- Walks you through its exciting new features, including the 14-megapixel sensor, continous video/live focus, full HD video, expanded autofocus, and the updated in-camera menu
- Explores shooting in Auto mode, managing playback options, and basic troubleshooting
- Explains how to adjust the camera?s manual settings for your own preferred exposure, lighting, focus, and color style
- Covers digital photo housekeeping tips?how to organize, edit, and share your files
Tap all the tools in this hot new DSLR camera and start taking some great pix with Nikon D3100 For Dummies.
Part I: Fast Track to Super Snaps.
Chapter 1: Getting the Lay of the Land.
Chapter 2: Choosing Basic Picture Settings.
Chapter 3: Taking Great Pictures, Automatically.
Chapter 4: Exploring Live View and Movie Making.
Part II: Working with Picture Files.
Chapter 5: Playback Mode: Viewing, Erasing, and Protecting Photos.
Chapter 6: Downloading, Printing, and Sharing Your Photos.
Part III: Taking Creative Control.
Chapter 7: Getting Creative with Exposure and Lighting.
Chapter 8: Manipulating Focus and Color.
Chapter 9: Putting It All Together.
Part IV: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 10: Ten Fun and Practical Retouch Menu Features.
Chapter 11: Ten Special-Purpose Features to Explore on a Rainy Day.