Health Communication: From Theory to Practice
March 2012, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
About the Author.
Introduction. PART ONE. INTRODUCTION TO HEALTH COMMUNICATION.
1. What Is Health Communication?
2. Current Health Communication Theories and Issues.
3. Cultural, Gender, Ethnic, Religious, and Geographical Influences on Conceptions of Health and Illness.
PART TWO. HEALTH COMMUNICATION APPROACHES AND ACTION AREAS.
4. Interpersonal Communications.
5. Public Relations and Public Advocacy.
6. Community Mobilization.
7. Professional Medical Communications.
8. Constituency Relations in Health Communication.
PART THREE. PLANNING, IMPLEMENTING, AND EVALUATING A HEALTH COMMUNICATION PROGRAM.
9. Overview of the Health Communication Planning Process.
10. Situation Analysis and Audience Profile.
11. Identifying Program Objectives and Strategies.
12. Developing Tactical and Evaluation Plans.
13. Implementing, Monitoring, and Evaluating a Health Communication Program.
Appendix A: Examples of Worksheets and Resources on Health Communication Planning.
Appendix B: Selected Online Resources on Health Communication.