The Learner-Centered Curriculum: Design and Implementation
March 2012, Jossey-Bass
About the Authors xxi
1. Why Redesign Curriculum? 1
2. Curriculum Design in the Instructional Paradigm 23
3. The Learner-Centered Curriculum 45
4. Leading Curricular Implementation 73
5. Learner-Centered Design in Practice 105
6. Assessment Aimed at Learner Autonomy 127
7. Innovating Through Technology 159
8. Learning Spaces That Support Learner-Centered Curricula 183
Closing Thoughts 209
Roxanne Cullen is a professor of English at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan, where she has also acted as associate vice president for academic affairs.
Michael Harris is the chancellor of Indiana University-Kokomo. He and Roxanne Cullen coauthored Leading the Learner-Centered Campus: An Administrative Framework for Improving Student Learning Outcomes from Jossey-Bass.
Reinhold R. Hill is dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Governors State Universityin Illinois.