Manga For Dummies
- Gear up for drawing with all the right tools and materials
- Develop the basic skills of Manga figure drawing
- Customize and accessorize your Manga characters
- Design spectacular weapons, gadgets, mechas, and vehicles
- Create 3-D drawings and give characters motion and emotion
- Write an exciting Manga Story
Complete with a stunning, full-color 8 page insert, Manga for Dummies is your real-life guide to the ultimate fantasy world.
Part I: Manga 101.
Chapter 1: Welcome to Manga World.
Chapter 2: Gearing Up and Getting Ready.
Chapter 3: Drawing: Starting with the Basics.
Part II: To the Drawing Board.
Chapter 4: Taking It from the Top with the Head.
Chapter 5: Nice Bod: Manga Body Basics.
Chapter 6: Customize and Accessorize Your Manga Character.
Part III: Calling All Cast Members!
Chapter 7: The Main Protagonists.
Chapter 8: Those Loveable Sidekicks.
Chapter 9: The Dreaded Villains.
Chapter 10: Elder Figures.
Chapter 11: Damsels in Distress.
Chapter 12: Girl Power! Shojo Manga.
Part IV: Time to Go Hi-Tech.
Chapter 13: Designing Mechas.
Chapter 14: Gadgets and Weapons.
Chapter 15: Taking Off: Vehicles and Airplanes.
Part V: An Advanced Case of Manga.
Chapter 16: Putting Manga into Perspective.
Chapter 17: Using Speed Lines to Create Motion and Emotion.
Chapter 18: Thumbnails and Scenery.
Chapter 19: Writing a Good Story.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten (or so) Manga Artists.
Chapter 21: (Nearly) Ten Places to Strut your Stuff.