Horse Health & Nutrition For Dummies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Packed with practical advice on equine first aid and alternative therapies, this completely practical, plain-English guide explains exactly what to feed your four-legged “hayburner” and how much. You’ll find out what kind of preventive care is vital to keeping your horse in good physical shape and how to recognize signs of illness when things go wrong. You’ll get the low-down on the diseases and conditions most likely to plague the domestic horse and find help in deciding whether to treat problems yourself or call the vet. Discover how to:
- Manage your horse’s diet
- House your horse safely and comfortably
- Tend to the daily details of horse care
- Examine coat, eyes, hooves and manure
- Identify, control, and prevent equine diseases
- Understand links between horse behavior and health
- Practice good horse nutrition
- Grow your own horse food
- Cover horse-health-care costs
- Breed your horse
- Care for pregnant mares and newborns
A healthy horse is a happy horse. Keep your horse fit with a little help from Horse Health and Nutrition For Dummies, and you’ll be happy too!