Allergen Management in the Food Industry
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Section I: Food Allergy and the Consumer.
1. Immune-mediated Adverse Reactions to Dietary Proteins (Olga M. Pulido).
2. Protecting Food Allergic Consumers: Managing Allergens across the Food Supply Chain (Sandra Kerbach, Anton J. Alldrick, Rene W. R. Crevel, Lilla Dömötör, Audrey DunnGalvin, E. N. Clare Mills, Sylvia Pfaff, Roland E. Poms, Sandor Tömösközi, Bert Popping).
3. Criteria to Determine Priority Allergens: Tree Nut Allergy Review (Jupiter M. Yeung).
4. The Canadian criteria for the establishment of new priority food allergens: Evidence for the inclusion of mustard and insufficient evidences for garlic and onion as priority allergens in Canada (Olga M. Pulido, Zoë Gillespie, Samuel Benrejeb Godefroy).
Section II: General Principles for Allergen Management and Control.
5. Allergen Management and Control as Part of Agricultural Practices (Vernon D. Burrows).
6. Principles and Practices for Allergen Management and Control in Processing (Warren E. Stone and Jupiter M. Yeung).
7. Allergen Management and Control in the Food Service Industry (M Hazel Gowland).
Section III: Processing Foods Free from Specific Allergens.
8. Processing Foods without Dairy Ingredients (Joyce I. Boye, Sahul Rajamohamed and Michel Britten).
9. Processing of Egg-free Foods (Valéry Dumont and Philippe Delahaut).
10. Processing Foods without Fish and Crustacean Shellfish (Angelina O. Danquah, Joyce I. Boye and Benjamin K. Simpson).
11. Processing Foods without Peanuts and Tree Nuts (Sahul H. Rajamohamed and Joyce I. Boye).
12. Processing Gluten-free Foods (Elke K. Arendt and Maria Helena B. Nunes).
13. Processing Foods without Soy Ingredients (Joyce I. Boye, Lamia L’Hocine and Sahul Rajamohamed).
14. Manufacturing a Biscuit that does not use Milk, Eggs or Soybean (Masahiro Shoji and Takahide Obata).
Section IV: Risk Assessment and Risk Management.
15. Risk Assessment for Food Allergy (René Crevel).
16. The Challenges of Precautionary Labelling (Fiona Fleming, Kirsten Grinter, Kim Leighton, Kevin Norman, Chris Preston, Maria Said).
17. Certification Programs for Foods Labelled as "Free from" Specific Allergens (Christine Dupuis and Ferdinand Tchounkeu).
18. Emerging Allergens and the Future (Allaoua Achouri and Joyce I. Boye).
19. Managing risks and preventing food allergy incidents: a regulator's perspective (Samuel Benrejeb Godefroy, Sheila Dubois and Sébastien La Vieille).