Handbook of Military Social Work
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The need has never been more crucial for community health providers, programs, and organizations to have access to training in addressing the unique behavioral health challenges facing our veterans, active duty military, and their families.
Handbook of Military Social Work is edited by renowned leaders in the field, with contributions from social work professionals drawing from their wealth of experience working with veterans, active duty military, and their families.
Handbook of Military Social Work considers:
- Military culture and diversity
- Women in the military
- Posttraumatic stress disorder in veterans
- Traumatic brain injury in the military
- Suicide in the military
- Homelessness among veterans
- Cycles of deployment and family well-being
- Grief, loss, and bereavement in military families
- Interventions for military children and youth
Offering thoughtful advice covering the spectrum of issues encountered by mental health professionals working with individuals and families, Handbook of Military Social Work will contribute to the improvement of efforts to help our military personnel, veterans, and their families deal with the challenges they face.