Baby Signing For Dummies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Baby Signing For Dummies gives you the skills to connect in a meaningful way with your hearing baby or toddler. Packed with more than 150 illustrated signs, this friendly, easy-to-follow guide shows you how to use simple hand gestures and baby-specific signing techniques to start interacting with your baby. Every sign is accompanied by step-by-step directions and an illustration—from meeting and greeting, people, and mealtime signs to clothes, animals, outdoor signs, and, of course, bath time and bedtime. You’ll discover how to:
- Introduce signs to your baby
- Incorporate signing into daily life
- Make everyday events easier with signs
- Overcome stumbling blocks
- Decrease fussing and crying through signing
- Help your baby sign combinations of words
- Keep your baby safe with signing
- Get the whole family involved
- Find outside help (Web sites, videos, and signing schools and courses)
Complete with illustrations of the entire ASL alphabet, signing dos and don’ts, and ten songs to sign along with, Baby Signing For Dummies is the key to enhancing communication with your child and increasing his/her intelligence in a simple, fun, and rewarding way!