Kittens For Dummies
Kittens For Dummies is your source for understanding what you can expect if you decide to welcome a high energy and high maintenance four-legged friend into your home. You'll not only figure out if you're ready to fit a kitty into your lifestyle, but also how to go about
- Adopting or buying the right kitten for you
- Making sure your home is kitten-proof
- Introducing your new pet to children and other pets
- Preventing and treating feline illnesses
- Dealing with behavioral issues
- Rescuing an orphaned kitten
Books abound about kitten care. Unlike many of them – those that seem to require a veterinary medicine degree to figure out – Kittens For Dummies explains everything in plain, everyday English. And like the subject itself, this handy reference is full of fun. In entertaining, informative language, the friendly guide gives you the real deal on
- Doling out plenty of love, attention, and patience
- Deciding whether kitty will be allowed to explore the outdoors
- Making your kitten comfy with the right supplies and accessories
- Knowing how often to ring the dinner bell
- Recognizing emergencies that call for quick trips to the veterinarian
- Locating qualified caretakers when you travel
- Nurturing kitty into adulthood
Before you take the giant leap into kitten ownership – a wonderful and sometimes chaotic world – check out the expert advice in a resource that's bound to become as constant a companion as your purr-fect pet.
Part I: Your Companion for Life.
Chapter 1: Getting the Lowdown on Owning a Kitten.
Chapter 2: Choosing the Right Kitten for You.
Chapter 3: Buying a Registered Kitten.
Chapter 4: Adopting a Random-Bred or Special Needs Kitten.
Part II: Preparing for and Bringing Home Your Kitten.
Chapter 5: Making Your Kitten Comfy.
Chapter 6: Welcome Home, Kitty!
Chapter 7: Providing a Meal Fit for a Kitten King.
Part III: Caring for Your Kitten.
Chapter 8: Out of Harm’s Way: Ensuring Your Kitten’s Safety.
Chapter 9: Recognizing Common Illnesses and Diseases.
Chapter 10: An Ounce of Prevention.
Chapter 11: Cleanliness Is Next to Catliness.
Chapter 12: I’m Leaving on a Jet Plane: What Should I Do?
Part IV: Kitten Psychology: Understanding Your Furry Friend.
Chapter 13: What Did You Meow? Understanding Felinese.
Chapter 14: Managing Behavior Problems.
Chapter 15: Keeping Your Kitten Entertained and Out of Trouble.
Part V: Welcoming the Unplanned Kitten.
Chapter 16: Rescuing an Older Kitten in Need.
Chapter 17: Critical Care for Orphans.
Chapter 18: Combating Health and Behavior Concerns Common to Orphans.
Chapter 19: All Grown Up: What Should I Do?
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 20: Ten Common Kitten Emergencies and How to Deal with Them.
Chapter 21: Ten Ways to Bond with Your Kitten.