Wedding Kit For Dummies
Whether you’re planning an intimate affair, a huge event, or something in-between, this book/CD package arms you with checklists, templates, worksheets and other useful tools to help you manage all the details. And you get expert tips and advice on, among other things, how to:
- Select the perfect venue
- Track your guest list and RSVPs
- Choosing the food and flowers
- Finding a good photographer
- Negotiate rates with caterers and musicians
- Nail down the wedding-day agenda
- Outfit your wedding p arty
- Plan a destination wedding
Marcy Blum has created magical weddings for hundreds of couples. Now in Wedding Kit For Dummies she shares her tricks-of-the-trade on all aspects of planning, organizing, and pulling off a wedding without a hitch, including such crucial topics as:
- Financing your wedding and staying within your budget
- Seating for meals, tracking gifts, creating invitations and finding the perfect far-away destination for a destination wedding
- Getting all the details of the ceremony right—from choosing an officiant and who walks with whom to cueing the music and dealing with the jitters
- Throwing a whiz-bang reception—covers all the bases including meals, music, flowers, the cake, the bar...all the way down to the send-off
On the bonus CD-ROM you’ll find:
- Live links to top wedding Web resources
- Templates, forms, worksheets, and sample contracts
- A calculator to help you plan your reception
- Spreadsheets to keep track of all your budget details
Your complete wedding planning survival guide, this all-in-one kit is the one accessory every bride-to-be absolutely must have.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
PART I: Getting Started.
Chapter 1: Big Picture Stuff.
Chapter 2: Love Is a Money-Spender Thing.
PART II: Be Our Guest.
Chapter 3: Naming Names.
Chapter 4: Invitations and Other Stops Along the Paper Trail.
Chapter 5: Traveling On: Destination Weddings.
PART III: Ceremony Survival Plan.
Chapter 6: Sensational Ceremonies: All Together, Vow!
Chapter 7: Cue the Music: Ceremonial High Notes.
Chapter 8: Creating a Foolproof Wedding-Day Schedule.
PART IV: A Rousing Reception.
Chapter 9: Ready to Where.
Chapter 10: Dance to the Music.
Chapter 11: A Taste of Things to Come.
Chapter 12: A Bed of Roses.
PART V: Gifts, Garb, Pies, and Tips.
Chapter 13: Greed Expectations and Registry Realities.
Chapter 14: The Best-Dressed List.
Chapter 15: Focusing on Photos.
Chapter 16: Nitpicky Tips for the Taking.
PART VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 17: Ten Ways to Use the World Wide Web to Plan Your Wedding.
Chapter 18: Ten Tips for Finessing Your Wedding Spreadsheets.
Chapter 19: Ten Amazing Places for Destination Weddings and Honeymoons.
Appendix: About the CD.
IDG Books Worldwide End-User License Agreement.
Book Registration Information.