The Mobile Academy: mLearning for Higher Education
October 2011, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The Mobile Academy contains theoretical and practical guidance on the ways mobile devices can be used most effectively in higher education. It is a guide for systematically integrating mobile devices into courses and other academic and student support services in order to facilitate learning outcomes and student success.
The book covers a wealth of topics, including the use of text messages, mobile web, e-books, and mobile apps, as applied to:
- Administration: How mobile devices can be used to enhance enrollment, registration, alert messaging, surveys, and more
- Classroom Content: Suggestions for using mobile devices audio, video, documents, and other content
- Assessment: Guidance for applying mobile technology to portfolios, quizzes, simulations, and more
- Communication: Guidance on the various mobile communication options and social networks used for student-teacher interactions and social activities that foster learning
- The Future: Covers the next wave of mobile learning including virtual field trips, augmented reality, alternate reality games, and more.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The Mobile Academy: mLearning for Higher Education (US $40.00)
Total List Price: US $72.00
Discounted Price: US $54.00 (Save: US $18.00)