Dicho y hecho: Beginning Spanish, Transparencies , 9th Edition
June 2011, ©2012
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- A complete program. With nearly 400,000 satisfied users and counting, Dicho y hecho offers a complete program designed to support you and your students as you create and carry out your course. Each chapter, integrating vocabulary, grammar, and cultural content into a cohesive unit, has been carefully developed to follow a consistent sequence of linguistic and cultural presentations, practice activities, and skill-building tasks both in print and online. WileyPLUS, an innovative, research-based, online environment for effective teaching and learning is offered to supplement the printed content. Robust Companion Sites for instructors and students are also available.
- Flexible and easy-to-adapt. While it focuses on the essentials that students need to master beginner level language and cultural awareness, Dicho y hecho is flexible enough to adapt to any kind of course in the curriculum. Whether used on its own or supplemented with online resources, it maintains a clear direction for students, and solidly grounds them in the basics of the language.
- Diverse and engaging. Dicho y hecho combines a broad array of class-tested and innovative activities that involve all language skills (viewing/listening, speaking, reading, and writing) and range from input processing to guided and structured output and opportunities for spontaneous and open-ended expression. Whole-class activities are interwoven with individual, paired, and small group exercises, all of which are sequenced to provide a varied pace and rhythm to every class meeting.
- Grammar as a means for communication. Grammar is presented with precise, simple explanations, clear charts, and abundant example sentences that draw immediate connections between forms and their communicative use. Carefully sequenced activities take students from input comprehension to effective self expression.
- High-frequency vocabulary and active use. Thematic units in each chapter present a selection of varied, practical, and high-frequency vocabulary in visual and written contexts. Activities range from identification in the chapter-opening art scenes and input-based exercises to personal expression and situational conversations that use the new vocabulary, resulting in effective acquisition of new words.