HTC ThunderBolt For Dummies
Now that you've got your high-powered new HTC ThunderBolt smartphone, you've got to figure out how to use it! If you're more than a little intimidated by the technology and somewhat put off by the formal documentation, this book can help. Written in the fun but clear and thorough For Dummies style, this book answers all your questions about Verizon's first 4G LTE Android device and helps you get the very most out of it.
- Helps you get up to speed quickly on how to use the ThunderBolt smartphone
- Delves into the basics how the technology works, how to configure everything, and how to purchase apps through the Android Market or Verizon's AppSphere
- Delivers a full slate of how-tos, tricks, features, and techniques, all in full color
- Covers everything you need to know, including setup and configuration, texting, e-mailing, accessing the Internet, maps, navigation, camera, video, and synching with a PC
- Shows you how to customize your HTC ThunderBolt, how to maintain it, and how to expand or upgrade it with new software
Once you learn all the bells and whistles, you'll be overjoyed with your new Android device. The fun starts with HTC ThunderBolt For Dummies.
Part I: A Phone, By Zeus!
Chapter 1: That New Phone Experience.
Chapter 2: The On, Off, and Setup Chapter.
Chapter 3: Basic Operations.
Chapter 4: ThunderBolt Typing.
Part II: The Phone Thing.
Chapter 5: Basic Phone Operations.
Chapter 6: Advanced Phone Calls.
Chapter 7: Please Leave a Message.
Chapter 8: Organize Your Friends.
Part III: Beyond the Basic Phone.
Chapter 9: The Texting Craze.
Chapter 10: Email Headquarters.
Chapter 11: The Portable World Wide Web.
Chapter 12: Your Digital Social Life.
Part IV: Superphone Duties.
Chapter 13: There's a Map for That.
Chapter 14: Capture the Moment.
Chapter 15: Images and Videos in Your Phone.
Chapter 16: Tunes on the Go.
Chapter 17: Other Useful Apps.
Chapter 18: Apps, Apps, and More Apps.
Part V: Nitty Gritty Details.
Chapter 19: It's a Wireless Life.
Chapter 20: Connect and Synchronize.
Chapter 21: Have Phone, Will Travel.
Chapter 22: Personalize and Customize.
Chapter 23: All Shiny and Spiffy.
Part VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 24: Ten Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts.
Chapter 25: Ten Things Worth Remembering.
Chapter 26: Ten Nifty Apps.
Long-time Dummies author Dan Gookin gives readers a closer look at the HTC ThunderBolt smartphone and shares his thoughts on what features he loves the most.