Canon EOS Rebel T3i / 600D For Dummies
Whether it's your first dSLR, your first Canon camera, or simply a new tool for your photography, your Canon Rebel T3i/600D has countless capabilities and you'll want to understand them all. This book covers all the dials, menus, and controls, showing you how to use each one. It explains how to change and use various lenses and offers advice on exposure, focus, printing, using flash, sharing photos online, and much more, all with plenty of full-color examples to show what you can achieve.
- Canon's popular T3i/600D offers a vast array of options for the new dSLR photographer; this book guides you through all the settings, dials, and menus
- Explains how to use Live View mode and record, edit, and play back video
- Provides tips and advice on working with exposure, manipulating focus and color, switching from auto to manual controls, and using lighting creatively
- Shows how to get photos from the camera to the computer, then edit and manage them using different software packages
- Illustrated with full-color photos from the author, showing what you can achieve
This fun and friendly book helps you to quickly and confidently take advantage of the many creative possibilities offered by your new Canon camera.
Part I: Fast Track to Super Snaps 5
Chapter 1: Getting the Lay of the Land 7
Chapter 2: Choosing Basic Picture Settings 43
Chapter 3: Taking Great Pictures, Automatically 69
Chapter 4: Exploring Live View Shooting and Movie Making 97
Part II: Working with Picture Files 143
Chapter 5: Picture Playback 145
Chapter 6: Downloading, Printing, and Sharing Your Photos 177
Part III: Taking Creative Control 209
Chapter 7: Getting Creative with Exposure and Lighting 211
Chapter 8: Manipulating Focus and Color 267
Chapter 9: Putting It All Together 303
Part IV: The Part of Tens 323
Chapter 10: Ten Fast Photo-Editing Tricks 325
Chapter 11: Ten Special-Purpose Features to Explore on a Rainy Day 351
Digital Photography expert and bestselling author Julie Adair King shows you how to take great portraits outside using your camera's flash.