Fostering the Increased Integration of Students with Disabilities: New Directions for Student Services, Number 134
July 2011, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
1. Fostering a Disability-Friendly Institutional Climate (Marianne S. Huger)
This chapter explores the value of a diverse student population to all students. The roles that faculty, disability services practitioners, other administrators, and student leaders can have in increasing the integration of students with disabilities are discussed.
2. Universal Design for Academic Facilities (John P. S. Salmen)
This chapter examines the differences between universal design and accessibility and highlights areas of opportunity for universal design on college campuses.
3. Employing Universal Design for Instruction (Robert A. Shaw)
This chapter identifi es how fl exible curricular practices and technology can constitute universal design for instruction and provides examples of how these practices have benefi ted students in a number of institutions.
4. Transition Strategies to Ensure Active Student Engagement (Donna M. Korbel, Joan M. McGuire, Manju Banerjee, Sue A. Saunders)
This chapter explores the transition through college of students with disabilities by characterizing the postsecondary landscape, presenting a collaborative model of college transition services, and offering recommendations for each stage of the transition services continuum.
5. Accessible Online Learning (D. Elizabeth Case, Roseanna C. Davidson)
This chapter explains the advantages and challenges of creating an accessible online learning environment by providing guidance on specific improvements and suggesting modifi cations.
6. Education Abroad for Students with Disabilities: Expanding Access (Heidi M. Soneson, Shelly Fisher)
This chapter identifi es the key support services and advising procedures under eight major headings that institutions of higher education should have in place in order to guide students with disabilities effectively as they explore and participate in education abroad opportunities.
7. Understanding the Experiences of Students with Psychiatric Disabilities: A Foundation for Creating Conditions of Support and Success (Holley A. Belch)
This chapter examines the population of students with psychiatric disabilities, addresses the value of their inclusion and integration on college campuses, provides strategies for inclusion and integration in and outside the classroom, and offers a comprehensive model of support.
8. Legal Issues in Serving Students with Disabilities in Postsecondary Education (Jo Anne Simon)
This chapter explores issues that frame access and accommodation needs of students with disabilities by identifying current issues and relevant legal guidance.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Fostering the Increased Integration of Students with Disabilities: New Directions for Student Services, Number 134 (US $29.00)
-and- Emotionally Intelligent Leadership for Students: Inventory (US $5.00)
Total List Price: US $34.00
Discounted Price: US $25.50 (Save: US $8.50)