Cheese For Dummies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
From a pungent Gorgonzola to the creamiest Brie, the world of cheese involves a vocabulary of taste second only to wine. With the rise of the specialty cheese industry growing at an unprecedented rate, this once humble food is now haute cuisine.
Cheese For Dummies (Wiley; May 2012; Paper) turns everyday cheese lovers into true connoisseurs, whether they are “newbies” looking to branch out from the familiar cheddar and Swiss, or more experienced caseophiles who want to enhance their cheese plates for their next dinner party. Authors Laurel Miller and Thalassa Skinner of culture: the word on cheese have created a handy primer to everything there is to know about cheese, from learning about different rinds and styles and pairing it with the right wine, beer, or spirit to cooking with it or making your own at home.
With a foreword from Chef Ming Tsai, host of Emmy® nominated public television series Simply Ming, Cheese For Dummies contains information on cheese from all around the world and delicious recipes such as:
- Nectarine, Prosciutto & Arugula Salad with Crescenza
- Crispy Cheese Croquettes
- Grilled Sausages with Grapes, Wilted Greens and Pecorino Romano
- Ginger-Poached Pears with Honey-Roquefort Ice Cream
- New Classic Cheese Souffle
- DIY Mozzarella and DIY Crème Fraiche
Offering wise (and delicious!) advice on every page, Cheese For Dummies is a guide for anyone interested in making every meal with cheese a special occasion.
Laurel Miller and Thalassa Skinner are available for interviews and can speak about:
- How to assemble the perfect cheese plate;
- How to perfectly pair your cheese with wine, beer, and other beverages;
- The history of cheese and its role in different cultures around the world;
- Tips for cooking with cheese;
- Questions to ask your local cheesemonger;
- Different styles and types of cheese, plus cheeses everyone should try;
- How to properly store and care for purchased cheeses.