Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry, Textbook and Study Guide , 8th Edition
April 2011, ©2011
Hospitality professionals will find that this eighth edition balances purchasing activities with product and information from a management perspective. Each chapter has been revised so that the most current concepts available are presented along with even more in-depth coverage of hospitality purchasing. Numerous examples, questions, and exercises are included to reinforce new concepts. In order to reflect changes in the field, technology applications in the purchasing function are discussed throughout. New, revised, and updated illustrations and photographs of concepts, companies, and products relating to the purchasing function have also been included to give hospitality professionals a better understanding of the field.
- The text dimensions have been expanded to allow for additional photos, drawings, and tables to more effectively convey purchasing concepts and applications.
- The expanded glossary contains hundreds of purchasing specific terms and detailed definitions. This glossary is a vital reference for students and those already working in the purchasing function.
- Concepts surrounding technology and “green” practices in the hospitality purchasing field have been expanded and updated. Industry Insights have been updated to cover the most current trends related to purchasing. More than 20 discussions and interviews with industry executives are interwoven throughout the text. These stories include insights that provide insider information on current and future trends related to purchasing. Some are written by experts in the purchasing field, providing perspectives on the future of purchasing, novel approaches to procurement, and new techniques for calculating the amount of products to purchase.
- The detailed references at the end of each chapter have been increased and updated to provide students with current materials to supplement their readings.
- Updated links to key Websites provide students with access to current information.
- New, revised, and updated illustrations and photographs of concepts, companies, and products relating to the purchasing function have been included.
- Includes discussion of the purchasing activity and product information from a management perspective
- Product chapters contain updated information on the latest trends
- New information regarding technology and “green” practices in the industry
- More than 20 interviews with industry executives about the importance of specific purchasing aspects are included
- Pedagogical features in each chapter, such as Key Words and Concepts, References, Questions and Problems, as well as Experiential Exercises
- Enhanced and expanded glossary of key purchasing terms
- In-depth attention to ordering procedures, distribution systems, supplier channels, price and payment, storage and security, and specification for food, furniture, fixtures, and equipment
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry, Textbook and Study Guide , 8th Edition (US $156.90)
Total List Price: US $230.85
Discounted Price: US $173.13 (Save: US $57.72)