Drupal For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Drupal offers unparalleled flexibility for content-managed web sites, and Drupal 7 is the easiest version to use yet. This new edition teaches you the fast, fun, and easy way to get started with Drupal. Even if you have no Drupal experience, you'll quickly learn how to download and install Drupal, set up your first content-managed site, apply templates, use modules, and more.
Drupal gurus Lynn Beighley and Seamus Bellamy show you how to take advantage of what Drupal has to offer, make the most of the new features in Drupal 7, and demystify perplexing Drupal issues.
- Drupal is a free, open source modular framework and content management system designed for content-managed web sites
- Shows you how to download Drupal; no programming experience required
- Looks at Drupal 7 and explains new features that make it is easier to use than previous iterations of Drupal for a creating a blog, content site, or eBusiness site
- Explains how to organize and create your site's content, apply templates, and get your first site up and running
- Details the ways to use modules and third-party templates
Whether you're looking to implement a flexible content management system, turbocharge a blog with photo galleries, or administer a third-party Drupal site, this book gets you off to a running start!
Part I: Getting Started with Drupal 7
Chapter 1: The Big Picture 9
Chapter 2: Getting and Installing Drupal 21
Chapter 3: Essential Administration 47
Chapter 4: Tackling User Management 61
Part II: Your First Drupal Site 81
Chapter 5: Creating Content: Basic Pages and Articles 83
Chapter 6: Managing Your Content 99
Chapter 7: Changing Themes 117
Chapter 8: Building Blocks and Managing Menus 125
Chapter 9: Using Modules to Create a Site with a Blog and Forum 147
Part III: Bending Drupal to Your Will 173
Chapter 10: Advanced Administration 175
Chapter 11: Customizing Themes 199
Part IV: Taking Drupal to the Next Level 217
Chapter 12: Creating a Robust Website 219
Chapter 13: Using Drupal Gardens 239
Chapter 14: Interacting with Other Sites 259
Chapter 15: Building a Storefront 275
Part V: The Part of Tens 299
Chapter 16: Ten Must-Have Drupal Modules and Themes 301
Chapter 17: Ten Places to Help You Do More with Drupal 313
Seamus Bellamy, a former tech journalist who has worked in the security intelligence community, is the author of Joomla! For Dummies.