Autodesk Maya 2013 Essentials
June 2012, ©2012
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Recommnded text for those preparing for the Maya Associate exam
Maya, the industry-leading 3D animation and effects software used in movies, games, cartoons, and commercials, is challenging to learn. This full-color guide features approachable, hands-on exercises and additional task-based tutorials that allow new users to quickly become productive with the program and familiar with its workflow in a professional environment. You'll learn the basics of modeling, texturing, animating, and lighting; explore different parts of the production pipeline; and practice on some real-world projects.
- Maya is the 3D animation and effects software used in the film, game, and advertising industries; it's a complex program and this book gives beginners essential training in Maya basics
- This book is an Autodesk Official Training Guide, recommended for students planning to take the Maya Associate exam
- Provides task-based tutorials and hands-on exercises to get you up to speed and introduce you to production workflows
- Teaches the basics of modeling, texturing, animating, and lighting
- Helps you create simple animations, model with polygons, and add detail with blend shapes and surfaces
- Starting and ending files for the exercises and additional learning tutorials are available online
Autodesk Maya Essentials provides beginners with a solid foundation in Maya 3D software.