Project Manager Street Smarts: A Real World Guide to PMP Skills, 2nd Edition
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
New project managers and students pursuing the Project Management Professional certification are looking for practical experience to solidify their skills. The step-by-step tasks presented in this book offer them an opportunity to practice the common tasks project managers face in the real world. The authors, both expert project management trainers and consultants, explore each phase of project management: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, and closing the project, with in-depth instructions for handling the tasks associated with each phase.
- New project managers and exam candidates need practical experience to perfect their skills; this book helps them learn through real-world scenarios
- Explores each phase of project management, offering step-by-step instructions to many of the tasks project managers confront each day
- Covers all phases of project management, including initiating the project, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing the project
- Looks at defining scope, developing a project charter, creating a plan to manage change, breaking down the work, managing resource allocation, measuring performance, and releasing resources
- Fully updated to cover everything required for the 2011 PMP exam
PMP exam candidates and anyone new to project management will benefit from the hands-on exercises in this book.