Periodic Structures: Mode-Matching Approach and Applications in Electromagnetic Engineering
December 2012, Wiley-IEEE Press
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Provides readers an understanding of the basic physics underlying meta-materials, providing a powerful tool for analyzing their electromagnetic properties
Periodic Structures: Mode-Matching Approach and Applications in Electromagnetic Engineering presents the scattering and guiding characteristics of periodic structures using the mode-matching approach and their applications in electromagnetic engineering. The book is structured so that the first three chapters provide an introduction and prepare the reader for chapters 4 to 6, which expand the formulations to electromagnetic and optical structures applicable to practical device applications. The last chapters cover very recent research topics in electromagnetics and optics.
- Provides an analytic approach to describing the operation of photonic crystals and related periodic structures
- Covers guided and leaky mode propagation in periodic surroundings, from fundamentals to practical device applications
- Demostrates formulation of the periodic system and applications to practical electromagnetic / optical devices, even further to metamaterials
- Introduces the evolution of periodic structures and their applications in microwave, millimeter wave and THz.
- Written by a high-impact author in electromagnetics and optics
- Contains mathematical derivations which can be applied directly to MATLAB programs