Body Area Communications: Channel Modeling, Communication Systems, and EMC
January 2013, Wiley-IEEE Press
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
A systematic introduction to body area networks (BAN), this book focuses on three major parts: channel modeling, modulation/demodulation communications performance, and electromagnetic compatibility considerations. The content is logically structured to lead readers from an introductory level through to in-depth and more advanced topics.
- Provides a concise introduction to this emerging topic based on classroom-tested materials
- Details the latest IEEE 802.15.6 standard activities
- Moves from very basic physics, to useful mathematic models, and then to practical considerations
- Covers not only EM physics and communications, but also biological applications
- Topics approached include: link budget, bit error rate performance, RAKE and diversity reception; SAR analysis for human safety evaluation; and modeling of electromagnetic interference to implanted cardiac pacemakers
- Provides Matlab and Fortran programs for download from the Companion Website