Get Rich with Dividends: A Proven System for Earning Double-Digit Returns
A comprehensive guide to dividend investing that shows how to obtain double-digit returns with ease.
Dividends are responsible for 44% of the S&P 500′s returns over the last 80 years. Today they present an excellent opportunity, especially with investors who have been burned in the dot com and housing meltdowns, desperate for sensible and less risky ways to make their money grow. Designed to show investors how they can achieve double-digit average annualized returns over the long-term, Get Rich with Dividends: A Proven System for Earning Double-Digit Returns is the book you’ll need to get started making money in any market.
The beauty of dividend investing is that it’s extremely easy to understand and takes up almost none of the investor’s time. The investor doesn’t have to constantly watch over their investments, and can and focus on other things, secure in the knowledge that the system is working and they are accumulating wealth or generating the income they need on a quarterly or even monthly basis.
Using the author’s proprietary 10-11-12 System, investors can achieve average annual returns of 12% or more, if they know which stocks to invest in and how to do so – even with below average growth in the share price.
- Dividend investments are easy to set up and require little to no maintenance, and this book shows you how to do it.
- A method so easy to use, you’ll want to teach your children how to do it early, setting them up for financial independence and avoiding the problems that plagued many investors over the past decade
- Full of expert advice from a 15-year veteran of equity markets.
By showing investors how to find and invest in these unique but conservative and proven stocks, Get Rich with Dividends is the only book on dividend investing you’ll ever need.
Foreword by Alexander Green ix
Chapter 1 Why Dividend Stocks? 1
Chapter 2 What Is a Perpetual Dividend Raiser? 17
Chapter 3 Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results, but It’s Pretty Darn Close 29
Chapter 4 Why Companies Raise Dividends 53
Chapter 5 Get Rich with Boring Dividend Stocks (Snooze Your Way to Millions) 69
Chapter 6 Get Higher Yields (and Maybe Some Tax Benefits) 83
Chapter 7 What You Need to Know to Set Up a Portfolio 99
Chapter 8 The 10-11-12 System 121
Chapter 9 DRIPs and Direct Purchase Plans 147
Chapter 10 Using Options to Turbocharge Your Returns 153
Chapter 11 Foreign Stocks 165
Chapter 12 Taxes 173
Conclusion The End of the Book, the Beginning of Your Future 177
About the Author 185
Marc Lichtenfeld is the Associate Investment Director of the Oxford Club and Editor of the Ultimate Income Letter where he runs the Perpetual Income Portfolio. Marc is also the founder and editor of the Oxford Systems Trader. Prior to joining the Oxford Club, he was a sell-side analyst for the contrarian Avalon Research Group and a senior columnist for TheStreet.com. Marc is often featured on national media including WSJ.com, MarketWatch, and National Public Radio. A featured speaker at investment conferences, he has spoken about dividend investing at meetings all over the world. Marc is also the only published financial analyst to ring announce world championship boxing and mixed martial arts on HBO, Showtime, and ESPN.
Not many average investors know that dividends are responsible for 44 percent of the S&P 500's returns over the last 80 years. What all investors should know is that, today, dividends present an excellent opportunity, especially with investors who have been burned in the dot com and housing meltdowns, desperate for sensible and less risky ways to make their money grow.
In his new book, Get Rich with Dividends: A Proven System for Earning Double-Digit Returns, Marc Lichtenfeld, a 15-year veteran of the equity markets, shows investors how they can achieve double-digit average annualized returns over the long term in any market. Compelling and accessible, Get Rich with Dividends explains exactly why dividend stocks are able to outperform the market in the long run with less risk, how to use past results to help predict future returns, what investors need to know in order to set up a strong portfolio, and much more including:
- How using Lichtenfeld’s proprietary 10-11-12 System, investors can achieve average annual returns of 12 percent or more, if they know which stocks to invest in and how to do so -- even with below average growth in the share price
- Chapters dedicated to understanding the importance of compounding dividends, dividend growth, Direct Reinvestment Plans (DRIPs), the pros and cons of adding foreign stocks to your portfolio and how to invest in options the smart way
- If the market is weak, it's a great time to buy dividend stocks as yield will be higher and reinvested dividends will buy stocks cheaper. In fact, for a long term investor reinvesting dividends, a weak market is the best thing that could happen to them.
“The beauty of this investment system is that it is extremely simple to understand and takes up almost none of the investor's time,” Lichtenfeld. “Investors don't have to constantly watch over their investments and can live their life and focus on other things besides their investments, secure in the knowledge that the system is working and they are accumulating wealth or generating the income they need every quarter.”